Friday, May 8, 2009

Fess Up Friday (First)

So I decided I just couldn't NOT post at all this month. I'm going through blog withdrawal and that's a bad thing for me to focus on instead of the book. Therefore, I will do a Fess Up Friday edition through the month and let you know where I'm at with the book and with my promise to give things up in order to focus.

I've been doing very badly with the less t.v. and socializing, first off. As you will see below when I post pics from Bustout Burlesque last night (I'm updating on Saturday, though this post will be dated Friday). And I watched the season finale of Dollhouse, am completely wrapped up in that (Mr. Whedon, I understand everything and I'm STILL confused. Can't wait for that DVD with the "Epitaph One" episode). Though, it will probably help that most shows are going to be on hiatus soon. And willpower, there is always that...

So for the first two days of the month, my intense period of work, I was insanely sick. A stomach virus or food poisoning, that was never officially determined. So, I didn't get much writing done and that was pretty disappointing cause I'd been all geared up to attack. It lingered, even after I felt much better, for quite a few days.

However, I'm doing very well with the book. Have been writing the new scenes I needed, getting a handle on the new edits and I made a major breakthrough with a specific major character who's been bugging me for a few years.

Also, I came up with a great answer for the, "So how close to finished are you?" question. Wanna hear it? Okay. Ahem. Ahem. "The writing process is not a linear one, so it's difficult to say how close to the end I am." I'm working every day and I still feel like I'm closer to done than I allow myself to believe on a day-to-day level. We'll see what my answer is next Friday, if it will be a more linear-minded one.

And now your pictures. Bustout Burlesque is a regular show that will next be at House of Blues July 10th (though I didn't see it on the calendar yet when I just looked). I definitely recommend going, it's good old fashioned vaudeville. And yes, nudity. But also jokes and magic. And no matter your take on girls getting nekkid, it's really hard not to appreciate their personalities and athleticism. I was lucky enough to sit practically on the stage at a reserved table and can I just say (i.e. rub it in) that backstage at House of Blues is pretty fun and interesting. So you see why I gave up working for the night to go. Forgiven? I forgive myself.

I'm pictured with Foxy Flambeaux and Praline DuPree in one picture, then with Athena.






Somehow, I missed my photo op with Kitty Twist, who also performed last night.













Last is the featured performer, Sugar from last season's Survivor with Foxy and Praline. Enjoy.


Now, back to work.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi there! love these pictures, and good luck with your book! thats great!

bless

ATHENA

:)

Emilie said...

Hi Athena! Thanks for the luck. I need it. :) Let me know which site you'd like me to link to (your MySpace?), if any. I typically do, but wanted to know which you'd prefer first. I had a lot of fun at the show and hopefully I'll get to come to the July 10th one without a book hanging over my head!