Monday, May 26, 2008

A walking bit of chaos, that Bobbie Faye

So even if she weren't my mentor and such a good friend, I would be extremely hyped up and excited about the release of Bobbie Faye's (kinda, sorta, not exactly) Family Jewels. Why? Because it's freaking hysterical and I'm in love with that unnatural disaster-in-human-form Bobbie Faye.

Read the first one, Bobbie Faye's Very (very, very, very) Bad Day because you don't want to miss the craziness and it'll explain a lot of the second one (everyone wants to be an insider).


Seriously, Toni is going to be huge. And she's local, which is really exciting. The funny thing is (and not so surprising once you read the book) that people who aren't in Louisiana love these books, too. I mean, Montana and freaking Utah people are lapping up some good ol Cajun craziness. Which means, if you live in Louisiana, you'll dig it all the more.

I'm on the cusp of being in Louisiana for 10 years and one of the things I loved about reading these books was realizing that I felt like a native while reading them. Which really says more about Toni being able to write Louisiana than it does about me understanding Louisiana... LOL.

Toni gives away free signed copies like crazy, so go to her website: http://www.tonimcgeecausey.com and check out this website where she blogs every Sunday: http://murderati.typepad.com

But seriously, whatever you do, read the books.

2 comments:

Shonell Bacon said...

hey there, ma'am...:-)

as a louisiana transplant with an mfa in my pocket, too...i can appreciate not only you...but bobby faye, LOL

i'm definitely going to check out the books!

Emilie said...

Hi Chick Lit Gurrl,

I'm so glad to hear that you're going to check out the books. You'll see from the comments on Toni's Murderati post that she's changed a lot of people's lives, her and Bobbie Faye. I'm very lucky to have her for a mentor.

What was your concentration? I started out as screenwriting and switched back to fiction (my first love).